Tuesday 12 May 2009

Meet the Maker - Beads by Sam

Sorry for the delay! But back again for some more wonderful Meet the Makers :)

Today, a jeweller who has taken part in all Handm@de Fair so fair, please welcome Beads by Sam !



What got you into crafting?

The first time I did anything crafty was when I made 150 wedding gifts for my wedding 4 years ago. I was not a crafty person but I did love craft products. Then I have started to make bead jewellery last year after being introduced to it by my friend who makes her own gorgeous necklaces and rings - www.jenbailey.com

What is the best thing about making bead jewellery?

The best thing about making bead jewellery is the positive feedback I get from friends and customers who love wearing my jewellery.

Your jewelry is quite unique. I love how your creations seem organic- the beads to not seem so far removed from their natural state. Is nature an influence on your work? What are your inspirations?

Yes, nature definitely influences my work. I personally love the look and feel of natural materials. Last year I went to an amazing resort in Thailand where everything was made from natural material. It was a great inspiration.



What Handm@de stuff do you have your eye on?

I have my eye on many items. One particular item is the Quercus Silver‘s stunning bangles!!! I am so thrilled that Quercus Silver is going to be at Handm@de Winchester fair.



Thank you! Keep your eyes peeled for more Meet the Makers coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment